I have a new friend in my life. Someone who is always there for me. Asking me to send gifts and reachout to others. It’s Facebook. I finally sucumbed to the pressure of joining yet another online group. I had to…everyone I know is on Facebook. So I got myself a few friends and caught up with a few old friends too. It’s fun. And addictive.
Some updates that happened over the last month while I have been neglecting the blog because of my new relationship.
1. If you find a few ants in your house, RUN, do not walk to the nearest ACO and buy ant spray. Kill those suckers because they are scouts checking the place out for move in availability. The scouts thought my house was the perfect spot. Hmm, let’s see, three kids who drop lots of crumbs, no pet to endanger us, a working mom with no time to sweep and mop everyday. Perfect!! A few days after we saw the first ants we came home from the Sciene Fair to a perfect black line cross our dining room floor. The black line was hundreds of ants. If I thought six or ten was bad was I in for a treat! Just picture Claire and I screaming and yelling Dad! at the same time. Too bad he wasn’t home and I had to kill them myself. Ick. For about a week we dealt with those pests. They were coming in under the fireplace and setting up shop under our floating laminate floor. Ants like to eat cough drops that children set on the fireplace after they have sucked on it for awhile. Just so you know.
2. Claire and Emma did a great job in the Science Fair. Emma received an honorable mention award and Claire placed in the top three of her class. Third graders are not required to participate in the Science Fair. So there were only three third graders that participated. So what? She went on to the District Fair which was very exciting. She did not receive an award, but she is motivated for next year. Great. Did I tell you how much I love Science Fairs?
3. Spring Break was last week. We went on vacation to Greats Lakes Crossing for a day. We ate at The Rain Forrest Cafe and saw Horton Hears A Who. Next year we are just going to pack up the camping suppies and start driving south until is about 70 degrees and park it for the week. Snow during Spring Break just isn’t right.
4. The Chicken Pox vaccine is stupid. Okay, maybe that is a little harsh. The chicken pox vaccine and I are not friends. All three of my girls got the vaccine when they were two. All three of them came down with a slight case of the chicken pox about three years ago. They had about 10-30 spots. Emma broke out with another case of them last week. She wasn’t really sick so I guess that is a good thing, but she had to still miss a couple of days of school. I’m not sure what is worse, getting a full blown case of the pox and being done with it or wondering if they will just keep on getting a slight case every few years.
5. We finally did our taxes. I like to think it had something to do with me nagging my husband every-single-day since January 31st to do the taxes already, but maybe not. I live with a patient man. We owe $18. Yeah.
Don’t get used to me posting here now. I am in a new relationship and it is in the exciting first stage. When I get tired of him I may be back.